Love is in the air! But for a child with FPIES or other food allergies, it can be challenging to make Valentine’s Day both sweet and safe.
With the big day fast approaching, we thought we’d share creative ideas that are inspiring us and some great advice for making the holiday safe for your child.
- Kid’s with Food Allergies created this comprehensive guide “Celebrating Valentine’s Day with Food Allergies,” complete with school party tips, allergy-safe crafts, and allergy-friendly treats.
- Grateful Foodie compiled this helpful list of allergen-friendly candies and baked goods.
- Our hearts soared when we saw this fun, creative idea for fruit hearts and arrows from Smart Allergy Friendly Education.
- Looking for some food-free inspiration? Check out these fun valentine ideas!
- If you can’t read it, don’t eat it! There’s lots of helpful advice on keeping kids safe on Valentine’s Day in this article featuring our medical advisor Terri Brown-Whitehorn, MD.
We’d love to hear from you — what are you doing to make this Valentine’s Day special for your little one?